Thursday, May 29, 2008

Down to the wire

Ok so , I guess I could use the wire line as a pun, but the truth of the matter is that we are down to just 2 more days for this months contest. I must admit that I have had better response than I thought we would have, And the goal for next month is to double the entries. This has been quite the journey, from the open house parties that Deb and I had to donating jewelry for fundraisers. To a full fledged website. This all began as a dream really just a passing thought. Could we really do this. Can we make a success of this. We have had our ups and downs, believers and doubters. Even at times wondering if we could make this work. But here we are about 14 months into it and feeling very good about the future of our little website. We have had increased traffic (ok ok I know anything is up from nothing) But as I work at this computer each day to better the site and do the things that others are helping me learn about. I feel that this is the thing that I am meant to do. That this will not just be a website about selling jewelry but a way to reach others. The waterbug story on our site has touched so many over the past few years. It has come to be the symbol that we look for in every shop we visit. And now with warm weather the thing that we lookfor each time we walk down the street. We want to help anyone who is struggling with the lost of a loved one. I have a as I call it a car jewel it hangs from my rear view mirror it is made of some very special crystals that belonged to my mom and at the end is a dragonfly. From his wings are smaller crystals that represent the birthstones of the ones that I have lost in the last few years. I know that they are watching over me. I just hope that they can be proud of the work that I have done, for it is because of them that I try so hard to be a success