Monday, June 23, 2008

Handcrafted Jewelry--My favorite gemstones




I thought that I would answer my own poll if you didn’t catch that I love most all of the things that we create with. But gemstones are my very favorite. Moss opal has quickly become one of my favorite stones.

Moss Opal belongs to the group of common opals. In contrast to precious opal that displays all the colors of the rainbow, common opal is opaque, rarely translucent and shows no play of color. Moss opal owns its attraction to dark greenish inclusions in its milky white body that resemble moss.
The most important deposits are located in Australia.

Ever since people have believed in the healing power of Opal. It is reported to be able to solve depressions and to help its wearer find the true and real love.

Opal is a birthstone for those who are born in October
Visit us at www.totaldelights.com and let us know your favorite gemstone.